Group MD and co-founder of EFM, Gary is a Business Advisor and Finance Director with over 30 years of experience in working with SME’s.
Gary leads EFM and supports our clients with the benefits of many years building and running businesses, as well as raising finance, providing strong commercial discipline and leading companies through difficult periods.
As an experienced CEO, MD & COO, Gary has helped nurture, run and grow over 40 businesses since starting at EFM. Here is just a sample of companies that Gary has helped grow, save money for or at times survive difficult periods:
- Sticker Gizmo – a custom design, print and sticker start-up company
- United Open MRI – he acts as chairman for this specialised medical company that focuses primarily in the field of MRI Scanning services
- Stood in as one of 2 NED’s to mentor and coach team whilst CEO of a recruitment company
- Ernst & Young – Gary ran a regional team for EY to support the launch of entrepreneur of year
Gary currently holds the position of CEO for EFM, the EFM Network, EFM Interims and is the Co-director of a family office with £8m of funds invested.
As an experienced business advisor, Gary’s skill has been nurtured by getting to grips with activities such as:
- Leading several businesses through a financial exit
- Advising a legal practice on growth and working capital control
- Restructuring a businesses finance to enable one director to exit and the remainder to grow the business
- Helping several companies raise debt equity finance
Away from the office, Gary demonstrates his mentoring & coaching practice with organisations such as: Entrepreneurial Spark, the Cranfield Business Growth programme, Informed Funding one to one consultations and the ICAEW mentor for Young FD’s.Read More