Business owners and entrepreneurs can work out their business plans alone, or they can tap into the resources of professional and experienced advisors to help guide them down the right path.
Business advisors & strategy coaches are fast becoming an integral element for start-ups and SMEs, but what are the advantages of hiring one?
Find out with our five reasons to hire a business advisor.
- Focus – When starting up a business from the ground up, it can often cause some business owners to shift focus away from the key areas that really need their attention, thus leading to distractions. An advisor can help business owners focus on the big issues and the key drivers for their business.
- Impartiality – Another daily struggle that business owners face is the ability to see your project clearly, without bias or preference. A business advisor can offer a fresh pair of eyes and can help the business owner to see the bigger picture. Without the personal attachment an owner has to their business, an advisor offers structured professional advice for the good of the entire business. In many cases, advisors will suggest ideas that may not immediately be obvious to those involved within the company.
- Support & Advice – The running of a business is rarely going to be plain sailing, and it can be difficult to know who to ask for help in certain situations, that may push a business owner overboard. Business advisors have been through it all and have seen businesses fail through poor decision-making. Our advisors have guided other businesses from the brink of ruin to a position where they are profitable. Support and advice are invaluable for business owners who want to move fast and succeed their industry.
- Goal-Setting – Business advisors can support the overall process of goal-setting for business owners and their staff. They can help managers and owners to establish the right direction for their business, and define the short and long-term aims that will help them achieve their goals. This is a crucial process in growing a business. Without a strategy or goals, a business will go off track.
- Accountability – Many entrepreneurs starting out as the head of their own company, are not used to the idea of being their own boss. Therefore, they’re unfamiliar with what happens when everything in the business is essentially their responsibility. If responsibilities and daily tasks are not completed, the business owner must face the consequences. A business advisor can help to hold managers accountable for their actions, helping them to achieve their goals by realising that there is more to running a business than working in the business itself.
Through business coaching and advice you will achieve:
- a clear vision and strategy of where you want your business to be,
- a plan which focuses on the vital things you need to do to achieve your vision,
- and a strategy to accelerate the growth journey of your business.
If you would like to find out more about how EFM Growth’s coaching and advisory services can help your company grow, then take a look at our services. Contact us today on 01582 516300 or email at email@example.com